1. christmas break = 10 days in angelfire, nm... skiing, family, snow... absolute BLAST!
2. matt has settled in at work finally... i was hating that he wasn't liking it at first. its better now though, and he's even getting a new assignment in a few months. hoping for the best.
3. i'm graduating THIS semester! as in, 6 weeks from now! thesis is turned in to committee and graduate office, practice defense tomorrow, real thesis defense in 2 weeks. yeeeeeah...
4. ripped out/replanted flower beds in the back. chickened out and started there before delving into the front. looks great but the plant budget definitely doesn't go as far as i expected.
ok, well the real reason for today's update is because of a few other breakthroughs i thought i'd share with the class. referring to #3 above, (can you tell i've been writing a thesis for 2 months?) the impending completion of my schooling for now has come sooner than i expected, even though its a semester longer than i planned. not following? let me explain:
matt and i just celebrated our FIFTH anniversary... time absolutely flies. we've always planned to wait to start our family until i was finished with school, partly because i've been in a lab all the time with weird chemicals that aren't good for growing a human inside of you... and partly because the thought pretty much scares the patooie out of me....
anyway, graduation is here, almost, meaning i better start getting over that quick, right? well anyone who's seen me knows i've packed on more pounds than i care to admit. did you think i didn't notice? i've done the yoyo thing since i was in high school, but since becoming a mrs., my yoyo has been stuck! on the wrong yo! to top off the whole "i'm not old/wise/mature/good enough to be a parent" freakout, i can barely fathom getting pregnant, and being even bigger.. whoa... i don't think i could handle that.
i guess my point is, i've realized that if i don't start fixing some things now, i'll never be ready, physically or mentally. and that would be a shame because man, my little people will have an amazing dad, just sayin...
so i know other people deal with this crap too. a friend of mine has been on some crazy diet (not sure about details) and has been posting her progress each week on facebook. shes doing fabulously well by the way. but since fb is way too public for my taste, and their use of "friend" is meaningless, i'm going to do the same on here. maybe it will help hold me accountable!
this is what i'm doing:
in my opinion, its like the word of wisdom, only in scientific terms (so of course i liked it). it does seem a little extreme, especially if you're used to southern, cajun, and mexican food like our families love. but once you get past what you can't have and focus on what you can, its easier. and the bottom line for me is: i feel sooooo much better when i follow this.
oh, and i'm quite literally working my butt off. i've never been a fan of hard workouts. you're surprised, i know, but it is what it is. i'm trying to get into shape, something other than globular. also, i will be a "ma" for the handcart trek coming up in june, and i'd really rather not actually die on the trail. i hear helicopter rides to the hospital are expensive!
so for my sixweeksuntilgraduationgottadosomethingfast goal... i'm down 2.5 lbs. see you next week!
but seriously... get the book, read it.

8 comments:
This is great! I have the book but I haven't read it all the way through yet.
On a side note, not only will your little ones have a great dad but they will have a great momma too! :)
Congrats! I just realized today that my little man is 7 months now, and I can't use the "I just had a baby" excuse anymore. haha So...a Jillian Michaels video kicked my butt, and I liked it! haha Keep going. I look forward to hearing about it. It's great motivation for me!
Hi Ruggles! Sounds great, I'll have to look into that book! Congrats on the -2.5 lbs. :0) Keep us updated on your progress!
Am I the only one who expected a pregancy announcement by the end of this post? Dang...Good luck on your thesis! You're SOOO close to being a real, live, college-graduate grown-up! It only took FOREVER =}
Congrats on almost graduating and learning how you want to eat!
Does it count that whenever I see you at church, I think, there's Meghan Ruggles! Could she be any cuter?? Of course, I could just be thinking that because people say we look alike and I think I'm pretty cute, too... :)
I'm also a yo-yo-er - ever since I got married and moved to Texas. The plan before we had the babies was to lose 30 pounds. Umm...woops...totally didn't get that done. The good/bad news is that the pregnancy has induced vomiting for a solid six months, so I've not gained a pound. Bulemia works! Not that I'd ever recommend doing it on purpose because EWWWWWWWW.
And, does anyone ever feel wise/old/good enough to be a parent? If you know of anyone, please send them my way - I need to know their secret so I'll stop freaking myself out.
Oh, I so understand how you feel. Kyle and I both agree that before I have another one, I need to lose weight and be healthier. It's hard to feel like whatever you put in your mouth impacts your future eternal family. Guilt city!
If you ever need an exercise buddy, I'm there.
Oh, and Erin is so right! You're way cute. Don't sweat it!
Congratulations on school and the 2.5 lbs!!!! But your way cute already!!! We are a lot alike in our thought process. Keep it up!
I am so happy for you! Weight loss is never easy but I know that you can do it!
I also agree with the comment made earlier... You say that the kids will have a great Dad and they will but they will also have a wonderful Mommy too!
Post a Comment