Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dependents...

I know everyone has bad days, weeks even. This past weekend was crazy. Sunday was especially sucky. I really hoped Monday would turn around but once we got home from my Mom's kinda late I knew it hadn't.  Finding that the neighborhood boys we hired earlier that afternoon to mow our lawn had mowed down my fig tree (which had been transplanted from my grandparents property where I grew up before it was sold a few months ago) almost did me in. I keep telling myself that I don't like figs anyway, but every time I look at the back corner of my yard, it just makes me sad. I didn't think I was so sentimental over a stick in the ground.

Yesterday was marginally better. It ended well at least. But today? Well you be the judge...

5:00am - Mason wakes up crying. We do the "who's turn is it anyway" dance until finally Matt goes in and gives him his pacifier.
5:01am - Matt's back asleep... I am not.
5:27am - Mocha decides she might need to go outside again (for the third time?). Matt wakes back up, we both let out "UGH, Mocha, seriously?" Matt mumbles something about his alarm going off in 5 minutes and I end up taking her out.
5:35am - Back in bed. Can't get comfortable because my back is screwed up from something I did yesterday. Also, can't fall asleep due to waiting on the alarm to go off any.second.now...
6:00am? - Matt's alarm, snooze, repeat. At this point I'm just hoping his shave/shower/sonicare noise will lull me off to sleep again, as it sometimes does.
6:38am - Morning routine white noise unsuccessful, he showered last night. Off to work he goes.
6:50am - FINALLY back to sleep!
6:59am - Baby crying... starving and mistreated... I go in, feed it..
7:20am - Tiptoe back to my room, crossing my fingers that I've bought myself another hour, maybe hour and a half...
7:21am - I approach my side of the bed, only to find that Mocha apparently needed to go out again. She left a little gift for me - IN MY BED!!! I am so absolutely disgusted, and seeing red at this point. I jerked her up, put her in HER bed, ripped the sheets off and got in on Matt's side, fuming. I still cannot believe she did that. She has been sleeping with me for nearly 15 years and has had maybe two accidents (#1, never the other), only when she couldn't get down. Unfortunately, one of those times was earlier this week when she decided she either couldn't or didn't want to jump down. Incontinent little wretch will not be in my bed tonight.
7:26am - Texted Matt to vent, I guess. I was so mad!!
7:30am - Done texting... sooo tired... might drift off in my rage.
7:45am - Text from Carrie beginning with "I know its early, but..." In her defense, she doesn't typically do that so I answered quickly and clamped my eyes shut.
7:51am - I hear a little human talking down the hall... I ignore said human, still hopeful that the morning might be salvaged by a few winks.
7:52am - Another text from Carrie. Did she not understand that yes, I was awake, but against my will?! Told her I'd call later... then got a trailing "K." Love it.
7:58am - Mason cries. Resistance is futile.

So here I am. PBS is babysitting but not very effectively. I sincerely hope that the "nap while baby naps" phenomenon will happen today. If it does it will be maybe the fourth time ever so I'm not holding my breath...

2 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

I'd send you a text, but I don't want to wake you in case it's nap time. :) Woof. Sorry you are having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I hope you have better afternoon and days to come.

Meghan and Matthew said...

Kari! I thought I replied to this but I guess it didn't publish... grr... Thanks for the sympathy because I needed lots of it last week! Luckily, the week ended much better than it began or I would have moved to Antarctica.