The crafty bug has bitten me. Hard. The only problem is: now that I have a cute little person to make all kinds of adorable things for, I also have a cute little person to wrangle while attempting to make anything for him. I have managed to get a simple, yet classically sweet little Easter romper (a.k.a. Jon Jon) done this week. Well, mostly done but I have to finish the snaps and buttons today.
The last few summers I have had this obsession with finding just the right maxi dress that was neither too bold nor bland, covered what needed coverage without looking frumpy, was long without making me look stumpy, and did all of this while making me look not pregnant. They have a way of doing that. Needless to say, I never found it. A few weeks ago I came across a cute-ish one at Ross that was a tube-top style and it screamed for a little makeover. The problem now is that I've tried a few different ways of changing the top and I keep getting poor reviews from the resident fashion expert. I'm still hoping to figure out a way to wear it without using the go-to cardigan fix because seriously, who wants to wear a sweater in the heat of a Texas summer? Kind of defeats the purpose of a comfy, cool dress if you ask me.
We went to the fair last week with Paul, Carrie and the girls. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of everyone but it was fun anyway. We mostly just walked around but I did ride one thing with Gracie and Kelly. It was fun but waiting in the long line with piles of vomit along the way was not. Eww.
Matt enjoyed some boudain and I left without so much as a bottle of water.
Even though we didn't leave until 10:30pm, Mason did great. He had so much fun, he forgot to put his arms down when he fell asleep.Lest you all think I'm suffering too badly on this diet, this is what I had for dinner a few nights ago. Yumm-o!
I've added corn and it seems to be okay with baby, so this week we grabbed some corn tortillas, ground turkey with homemade taco seasoning and whipped up some guacamole right away. It was so good, I'll probably never buy those little seasoning packets again. It went like this:

4 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp ground cumin
4 tsp salt
4 tsp black pepper
I shook mine together in a jar and used 2-3 tbsp per pound of meat. Customize at will!
As many of you know, we use cloth diapers on Mason. They're not your grandma's style of pins and plastic pants or we would not be doing it. Its not nearly as gross or complicated as most people think. Still, as great as they are, there are some situations where we still opt for the convenience of disposables. Let me just say, although his clothes can sometimes wick moisture out of the leg holes if we let him get too wet, we have had ONE poop leak with cloth and it wasn't even bad.
THIS? This is the result of a "convenient" disposable day...
I'm still working on getting the stain out of my pillow cover. Oh, and putting pictures in those frames I hung over a year ago.
1 comment:
ok i seriously need to have a craft night with you! I must learn how to make those girl shoes!! too cute----i hope the friend with a baby on the way is me cause i am in love with those shoes! you are too cool...i can't compete!
Post a Comment